Tuesday 8 March 2011

Clara Meets Sheldon

Okay so its been a while since I posted so I thought I'd do a quick update.
So far this week I've been a busy bumble bee working on some animation of Clara interacting with Sheldon the bug. This is what I have so far and I'm quite pleased with it!
However I do feel I'm struggling a tad with the next actions of the animation, having Clara turn and run. Simple as it sounds the 'turning' part is really giving me some trouble.

If I keyframe the controller that controls the entire skeleton turning then the feet also move around and I'm having LOTS of trouble having to individually keyframe them one frame at a time, only to find I messed something up and start the entire thing again from the start. But if I instead turn the 'body' controller which controls everything from the waist up, therefore leaving the feet static, then I get issues with the locators for the belt items, as well as the spine bending strangely and refusing to turn around as it should....

I'll work it out eventually, I'm guessing I have to simply go with the first method and keyframe every single frame for the turning process to keep the feet still which is very annoying, but what can you do.

Anyways, here's Clara and Sheldon so far, nothing spectacular with the quality, camera and background; but they'll be edited for the finished product.



No comments:

Post a Comment