Friday 28 October 2011

How I hate Chimeras

Well I'm still struggling with this darned Chimera.
He was fairly easy to animate and such, but on importing into Unity disaster struck.
It seems that something in the weighting of the bones is messed up and so whenever he animates this happens:



All his verts decide to take a fun little dance around the screen and back... I'm not impressed at ALL.

Anyways, heres a video of derpfacelion Chimera animated to his derp-iest best:





EDIT

Okay never mind I fixed the stupid Chimera. It seems that somehow some of my verts were duplicates on top of each other but not actually merged together... so the reason the spikes were occuring was because the unattatched verts were flying about unweighted to bones properly.
Not actually sure how that happened since the model was made entirely by extruding.... but I suppose I've never been the conventional sort anyway.

Panic Over....

And Chimera done!

Onwards to Miss Dryad.

No comments:

Post a Comment