Monday 28 February 2011

Update of sorts, inspirational imagery and a bit of personal art.

Well then, its been quite a while (for me) since my last entry here now hasn't it? Been a bit of a busy week, partially with work, partially just life as usual.

Nearly finished rigging up my bug for animation now, just tweaking the joints where I've learnt how to put limiters on them (so very cool). So here's a quick screenshot to show how that's going so far:




Obviously he's much less sophisticated than Clara in the sense that he has just plain joints rather than controls, however being just a bug it wouldn't really be necessary to do otherwise.




Apart from that a friend showed me an image a few days ago that really blew my mind when I saw it (sadly I was on the way to work so didn't get a chance to post this sooner). This image was draw by someone as a celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the Legend of Zelda series. The thing about it that really made me happy was the inclusion of so very many characters from the lesser known games, particularly the oracle games, whom you don't see much art of around the net. So that cheered me up in an otherwise stressful week.


Also here's a video of the image being drawn which is really impressive to watch.

One day I swear I'm gonna draw that well. Wish I could buy this image for my wall...

Apart from that I took a little personal time to do some drawing after work this weekend. Though I'm really enjoying the 3D stuff I've been learning since I started the Masters 6 months ago now, I'm really starting to miss doing some straight up drawing, especially my own personal characters. My deviantart page (http://theblindprophetess.deviantart.com/ for the few of you who didn't follow me there already)  hasn't been this silent in years.
So yeah, started a quick portrait of my old character Sophia. Dunno when I'll finish that but after a rusty and frustrated start I'm feeling a tad more inspired than I did a few days back so that's nice.
Its also the first successful (if unfinished) picture I've done directly into photoshop without a pencil sketch so that's a nice little milestone.


No comments:

Post a Comment