Tuesday 1 February 2011

Creating Clara - Update 4

Well its its now February and I'm pleased to say that I've made some real progress with my Clara model. In fact, she's all textured and done and I'm starting on the building of the skeleton!

Here are a few screenshots of some areas I'd like to highlight:

Firstly and most importantly the face. If you look carefully you will spot that I've learnt how to use specular maps, which basically means I've made the texture on the face matte or shiny where appropriate. So for example the lips are very shiny whereas the rest of the skin is not, as would be natural, also there is a very small amount of shine on the nose, forehead (aka the T zone) and the chin and cheeks. Just to add a little more realism than a plain matte all over face.

Secondly the lovely alpha textured lace, nothing special technically, but I think it looks nice.

Thirdly, though its already been shown in the previous images; the glowey effects on the lens and bulb textures. I'm really proud of the effect these give.



Fourth, the bump mapping on all the leather parts of the outfit I feel give a really nice touch.


Not to mention (even though its simply drawn on) I love the folds in the fabric that I did, as well as the seams button holes and stitching. I really took a long time on drawing all of these textures and its not too too noticeable so I just really wanna point all that out.


Lastly, on the lid of the bottle, as well as the brooch on her collar I really like the glass/jewel effects I managed to achieve playing about with the different attributes.



And of course, here's a nice turnaround video to show off how she looks as a whole, I really like the way the lights reflect of the metallic parts.


No comments:

Post a Comment