Sunday 10 April 2011

Hair Hair Everywhere!!

Its my first day of not working at my weekend job, the sun is shining, and a miracle has occurred.

I have finally worked out how to get Maya hair working!!! Many months ago I attempted to work with Maya hair only to hit a dead end but NOW, now it does what I say at LAST!!!!

I'm not sure what it was that made me go back to this model, possibly just my own stubbornness; but nonetheless I felt the urge to revisit an old face model I had hoped to animate with blendshapes at one point, and clean it up.

Basically I worked out part of the problem was not enough UVs, and so I created another 'skull' mesh inside the head of the model I'd been using and bam; problem solved!  Next was getting the actual hair to do what I wanted... slightly harder. But with rooting through a few tutorials I've found that using EP curves and then assigning them to a hair group does the trick, and gives me loads of control over styling.

I'm feeling rather pleased with myself right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment