Saturday 23 April 2011

Phonemes

Following my last post (which was yestday I believe) I have finished the blendshapes for my new girl as well as rigging her up. She can now make all of the phenome shapes with her mouth, blink ad look around, move her head neck and shoulders, and has a lovely new set of rigged pearly whites and a rigged tongue, to further enhance how realistic her pronunciation appears.

Still getting the hang of the lip syncing at the moment, but the alphabet song is coming along nicely; about half way actually.

One thing I didn't even think about initially was the fac that when speaking we do not return our mouths to the rest position after each letter. This really threw me at first and I didnt realise why it looked so off until I realised the H I of the ABC song was pronouced HEY CHIY.

I'm proud to say I remembered how to rig the eyes right this time so that they didnt fly about, though I had a few issuses for a moment with the hair flying about intead, but I quickly figured oujt it was just a case of forgetting to delete the history on the skull... and each curve of hair (I miss blender already); so it was a rather easy fix once I took a minute to think about it.

All the phenomes:

Close up of CDGJNRSYZ (Hard)


Close up of CDGNRSYZ (Soft)


Close up of F V

Close up of L


 Close up of M B V


Close up of Th


Close up of W Q


Hopefully on my next post I shall have the animated video of her singing the ABC song .

No comments:

Post a Comment