Wednesday 19 January 2011

Clara Character Progress

Okay then, further to my previous entry I've done some design work on the character Clara. She was quite a hard one to nail down at first as my initial sketches tended to look either too boyish or to girly, but finally I think I've achieved the nice balance.

 I wanted giving her a quite mature and feminine outfit, but one which she's added to and changed, so as to make it more functional for working/moving around, i.e the big goggles, thick work gloves, the skirt tucked up out of the way, the utility belt etc.

Ideas sketches:

Initial concept sketch:

 I really liked the idea of a character who drank tea from dainty china teacups whilst wearing big think padded work gloves.



Colour Options

Chosen Colours
Final Design - Black and White Turnaround:

I'm rather pleased with the outcome and cant wait to get started working on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment