Tuesday 25 January 2011

Creating Clara - Update 2

Yet another update documenting how my 'Clara' model is coming along.
After spending most of the day yesterday and half of the day today wrestling with Maya I've given up on my initial idea of using ncloth on the skirt and neck ruffle to make the fabric nicely animated, and instead I intend to make it a static mesh and perhaps add some form of jointing or other controls just to affect the skirt enough to stop it overlapping the rest of the model's geometry. But for now I'm just pressing forwards with the initial modelling.

On this front I have found I've still made quite a bit of good progress despite my delays trying out ncloth, and have managed to model a good portion of the torso. Next I shall move on to the legs with shoes and shorts, then place a skirt over it before moving onto the arms and finally belt with bag and accessories/tools etc.

So here are a few more progress shots of where I am, as of midday:



No comments:

Post a Comment