Thursday 13 January 2011

Showreel Showcase

I'm starting the new year by updating with a show reel of my favourite work so far, over the few years I've been studying games design (both uni work and personal pieces). I thought it might be a good idea to keep a collection like this which I can update as I go along as a nice portfolio filler.

Finished off a few little modelling jobs I never got around to for various hand ins, and there's even a nice quality version of my temple video as well as my latest modelling ventures.

Hope you enjoy it!


1 comment:

  1. Not bad at all Jen, you're one of the few artists I've seen on the course with enough scope and versatility in their portfolio to actually get an art job. My only recommendation is that you continue stepping away from characters to pursue 3D environments and props.

    Nobody ever stops and tells you this, but character art is pretty much impossible to get into as a first job. Most companies don't even have a "character artist" position, character art is merely a task the artists perform sometimes. Focus on the levels for the rest of the Masters, and don't spend too much time dabbling in animation imo. It's great you now know the basics (So you can understand what that department does when you give them things) but that is as far as an artist needs to understand animating.

    Nice work ;D Keep it up, use the next 2 semesters wisely.

    ReplyDelete