Saturday 29 January 2011

Tangled in Inspiration

Well last night I went to the cinema with my family to see the new Disney film Tangled (aka Rapunzel) and dear lord did this film really inspire me to further my 3D work even more!!
(also the first film I've watched so far in 3D and I must say I was impressed at what I saw as it was nothing like what I'd expected from 3D films)

But seriously I must say, forget Avatar (lame) THIS is the best 3D animated film I have EVER seen!! The lighting, the characters, the subtle animation its was truly SUBLIME to watch down to the smallest detail!
In particular, Rapunzel's hair!! It was absolutely stunningly animated!

I thought that the days of Classic Disney were truly dead and gone but I've been proven wrong once and for all! Just WOW I want to see this film again and again, probably my favourite current film, perhaps in years! Truly a work of art!!!





In MY modelling news, seeing that film inspired to me to have another shot at improving Clara's face (as it being not quite right has been bothering me) and its certainly improving, especially with my recent discovery of the existence of the 'mirror selection' setting and the 'sculpt geometry tool'! Why has no one shown me these till now!?
Also I've moved on to start the texturing of the model now too, which is going nicely!


A render of how the model is progressing:

In case you cannot tell the face has been drastically smoothed and rounded out, the eyes changed shape and softened, the nose made more  natural with a better bridge and just... well the whole thing changed really.... and the mouth made drastically smaller again.

1 comment:

  1. Monsters Vs. Aliens was the first 3D animated film that I saw at the cinema and was similarly amazed! I don't actually think that normal films in 3D are actually that impressive. The future of 3D is definitely in digitally created content---games naturally included.

    The model is coming along great and it's awesome to start seeing textures on it now. She does look very geeky :P

    ReplyDelete